How to setup WordPress website with cPanel and WHM?
WordPress is a popular content management system that allows you to create a blog and website. You can install WordPress in different ways in your cPanel account. Majority of the hosting service providers offer the Softaculous automatic app installer that lets you install WordPress in cPanel in few clicks.
Steps to install WordPress using Softaculous
- Login to your cPanel account
- Go to Exclusive for Namecheap customers section -> Softaculous Apps Installer menu
- On the homepage, click WordPress icon
- Click Install to continue
- On the next page, you are required to fill details about your WordPress installation
- Select the domain name for which you want to install WordPress
- In the directory field, you can specify the root folder for your WordPress installation. By default the field is empty and it allows you to install WordPress on yourdomain.com directly. If you want to install WordPress in a subfolder like a blog, type “blog” in the field. This will install the WordPress to yourdomain.com/blog.
- You can keep the default database name
- You can also keep default Table Prefix
- Fill the Site Settings section as per your needs
- Enter details in the Admin section
- When you have entered all details, scroll down to the page and click Enter
In a few moments, you will see a message on the screen saying “Your software has been installed successfully”. You can now go to WordPress dashboard to setup your website.
Steps to setup website through WordPress dashboard
- Login to your WordPress dashboard by typing http://yoursite.com/wp-admin (where yoursite is the domain name)
- Once you are on the dashboard, look for sidebar for “Appearance” and then click “Themes”
- Once you have found an ideal theme, select it and click Install -> Activate
Once the theme is installed, you can start creating pages by following steps given below
Steps to add pages in your WordPress website
- Look along the sidebar of WordPress dashboard for option like Pages and then click Add New
- You will get a screen which looks similar to a blank document in Microsoft Word. Add different page elements and build the web page as per your needs.
- To save any changes made to the page, click Update
Create About Us, Services, contact us and any other pages that you need. When you are done with creating pages, add pages to Site Menu by following the steps given below
Steps to add pages to Sites Menu
- Look along the sidebar of WordPress dashboard for option like Appearances and then click Menus
- Find the pages you created and add them to the list by checking the box beside each page
- Click Add to Menu
Now you might want to change the site title. Follow the steps given below
Steps to change the site title
- Go to WordPress dashboard
- Go to Settings and click General
- A page with different options will open. Enter the Page title and tagline
Now you have a fully functional website and it is ready for launch.